£16,600 raised for local charity
Members of local charity Simon’s Heroes recently paid a visit to PCE HQ to say thank you for the amazing amount of money which PCE employees have raised for them over the last 12 months – a fantastic £6,600, bringing the overall total raised by PCE to £16,600!
During 2019 PCE employees took part in a number of activities to help support Simon’s Heroes, which included
- the 5k Abbott Trail Run (hosted by Simon’s Heroes)
- a number of internal fundraising activities such as a duck race held at the Annual PCE Family Barbeque
- a children’s colouring competition which was judged by some of Simons Heroes very own members in December at PCE’s Festive Friday
- and not forgetting the PCE daredevil ladies, who travelled all the way to Snowdonia to take on the world’s fastest zipwire, raising an amazing £2,234 alone.
In addition, a dress down day is held on the last Friday of every month to raise further funds for the charity.
The benefits for Simon’s Heroes
Thanks to the hard work of PCE employees, Simon’s Heroes has been able to purchase equipment which has helped to support local children in need including:
- A Sensory Lodge – gifted to Two Rivers Primary School, Tamworth
- A cruiser wheelchair for 14-year-old Lewis, who has microcephalic, a rare neurological condition, the NHS chair that had been supplied for Lewis didn’t provide him with enough support.
- A specialist bike trailer for 10-year-old Ruby, who can now enjoy days out with her family, Ruby has a number of conditions including cerebral palsy, autism and hydrocephalus which has affected her global development.
Nickie Brown, Managing Director commented,
“We are once again so proud of our employees’ approach to raising funds and supporting their chosen charity, Simon’s Heroes”.
A huge well done to everyone who has supported the charity and helped PCE to make a difference in the local community #proud #teampce
The images at the top of the page show
- Simon’s Heroes pay a visit to PCE’s Head Office in Tamworth
- More support for Simon’s Heroes from the PCE’s NO6 construction project team in east London
- PCE’s Mt Oswald project construction team in Durham supporting Simon’s Heroes
- PCE’s University of Warwick project construction team making their valuable contribution.
Simon’s Heroes raises money for children with life limiting illnesses to provide resources and opportunities helping such children lead more independent, fulfilling lives and thus improving their quality of life.