PCE named double winners working in partnership with Kier
PCE were named as winners in the following two categories:-
- Overall award – Winner of winners
- Best use of concrete technology.
Never before had a bio-sciences research and development facility been constructed with the use of a precast:insitu offsite Hybrid methodology.
Project Capella was transformed from blank piece of paper to an enclosed building in 24 months.
This success continues the highly effective working relationship with Kier, that also saw the team be outright winners of last year’s Offsite Awards with the BHR project.
Highly effective supply chain
PCE and Kier couldn’t have achieved this without the tremendous hard work, appreciation and quality requirements by PCE’s supply chain members.
- Main contractor: Kier Group
Main project designers
Supply chain contributors
- Consulting Engineers: Curtins
- Vibration design: Professor Paul Reynolds of University of Exeter
- Techrete UK Ltd
- Banagher Precast Concrete
- FP McCann